Terms and Conditions
SELMA and the Customer may individually be referred to as a “Party” and collectively as “the Parties”. Whereas SELMA has developed and owns certain software and is in the business of licensing such software and providing (maintenance and support) services in connection with such software and whereas the Customer wishes to obtain from SELMA the right to use such software in connection with its business, and be provided with (maintenance and support) services in connection with such software, the parties agree to enter into this master agreement.
"Agreement" means these Customer Terms of Service and all materials referred or linked to in here.
"Billing Period" means the period for which you agree to prepay fees under an Order Form, which will be the same as or shorter than the Subscription Term as specified in the Order Form. For example, if you subscribe to the Subscription Service for a one (1) year Subscription Term, with a twelve (12) month upfront payment, the Billing Period will be twelve (12) months.
"Brand" means a subsidiary of the Customer.
"Business User" means a user of the application.
“Combined View” means a combination of the Standard Views.
“Confidential Information” means all information provided by you or us ("Discloser") to the other (“Receiver”), whether orally or in writing that is designated as confidential. Confidential Information will include Customer Data and information about the Discloser’s business plans, technical data, and the terms of the Order. Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Discloser or (ii) was known to the Receiver before receipt from the Discloser.
"Contact" means a single individual (other than a User) whose Contact Information is stored by you in the Subscription Service.
"Contact Information" means the name, email address, phone number, online user name(s), telephone number, and similar information submitted by visitors to your landing pages on the Subscription Service or uploaded by you to the Subscription Service.
"Consulting Services" means the professional services provided to you by us, which may include training services, installation, integration or other consulting services.
"Customer Data" means all information that you submit or collect via the Subscription Service.
"Customer Materials" means all materials that you provide or post, upload, input or submit for public display through the Subscription Service.
“Free Services” means the Subscription Service or other products or features made available by us to you on an unpaid trial or free basis.
"Maximum Contacts" means the maximum number of Contacts you are permitted to use with the Subscription Service as identified in your Order Form, plus any Contacts added as part of an upgrade.
"Order" or "Order Form" means the Selma-approved form or online subscription process by which you agree to subscribe to the Subscription Service and purchase Consulting Services. Most Orders are completed through our online payment process or via in-app purchase. The Order may be referred to as a "Statement of Work" if you are purchasing only Consulting Services.
“Paid Users” means those types of Users (defined below) for which we charge you fees as set forth in our Product and Services Catalog.
“Product and Services Catalog” means Selma’s Product and Services as updated by us from time-to-time.
“Selma.ai” means our SaaS product offered as part of the Subscription.
"Selma Content" means all information, data, text, messages, software, sound, music, video, photographs, graphics, images, and tags that we incorporate into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services.
"Sensitive Information" means (a) credit or debit card numbers; personal financial account information; Social Security numbers or local equivalents; passport numbers; driver’s license numbers or similar identifiers; passwords; racial or ethnic origin; physical or mental health condition or information; or other employment, financial or health information, including any information subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, and other regulations, laws or industry standards designed to protect similar information; and (b) any information defined under EU data protection laws as ‘Sensitive Personal Data’.
"Standard View" means any view indicated as standard in the Selma.ai such as RFM view, product map view.
"Subscription Fee" means the amount you pay for the Subscription Service.
"Subscription Service" means our Selma.ai application that you have subscribed to by an Order Form or that we otherwise make available to you, and are developed, operated, and maintained by us, accessible via https://selma.ai or another designated URL, and any ancillary products and services, including website hosting, that we provide to you.
"Subscription Term" means the initial term of your subscription to the applicable Subscription Service, as specified on your Order Form(s), and each subsequent renewal term (if any). For Free Services, the Subscription Term will be the period during which you have an account to access the Free Services.
“Subscription Volumes” means the numbers of units that are included in your subscription, as specified in the Order Form.
"Third-Party Products" means non-embedded products and professional services that are provided by third parties which interoperate with or are used in connection with the Subscription Service. These products and services include non-Selma apps available from, for example, the following: our integrations products page, partner directory, template marketplace, links made available through the Subscription Service and non-Selma services listed on services.Selma.com.
"Third-Party Sites" means third-party websites linked to from within the Subscription Service, including Communications Services.
"Users" means your employees, representatives, consultants, contractors or agents who are authorized to use the Subscription Service for your benefit and have unique user identifications and passwords for the Subscription Service.
"Selma", "we", "us" or “our” means the applicable contracting entity as specified in the ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’ section.
"You", "your" or “Customer” means the person or entity using the Subscription Service or receiving the Consulting Services and identified in the applicable account record, billing statement, online subscription process, or Order Form as the customer.
GENERAL COMMERCIAL TERMS
1. Access. During the Subscription Term, we will provide you access to use the Subscription Service as described in this Agreement and the applicable Order. We may also provide you access to use our Free Services at any time by activating them in your Selma account. We might provide some or all elements of the Subscription Service through third party service providers.
2. Additional Features. You may subscribe to additional features of the Subscription Service by placing an additional Order or activating the additional features from within your Selma account (if this option is made available by us.). This Agreement will apply to all additional Order(s) and all additional features that you activate from within your Selma account.
3. Availability. We try to make the Subscription Service available according to the service level included in your Subscription, except for planned down-time for maintenance.
4. Consulting Services. You may purchase Consulting Services by placing an Order with us. Fees for these Consulting Services are in addition to your Subscription Fee. If you purchase Consulting Services that recur, they will be considered part of your subscription and will renew in accordance with your subscription.
All Consulting Services are performed remotely, unless you and we otherwise agree.
For Consulting Services performed on-site, you will reimburse us our reasonable costs for all expenses incurred in connection with the Consulting Services. Any invoices or other requests for reimbursements will be due and payable within thirty (30) days of the date of the invoice.
If there are deliverables included in the Consulting Services purchased, it is estimated that those deliverables will be completed within the time period indicated as the delivery period in the applicable description, which delivery period will commence upon purchase (the “Delivery Period”). We might provide some or all elements of the Consulting Services through third party service providers. Consulting Services are non-cancellable and all fees for Consulting Services are non-refundable.
5. Fees and Payments
- Subscription Fees. The Subscription Fee will remain fixed during the Subscription Term unless you exceed your Subscription Volumes as agreed to in the Order Form. In that case, your Subscription Fees will be increased according to the pricing table agreed in the Order Form. In case there is no pricing table included in the Order Form, the new Subscription Fee will be mutually agreed. Subscription Fee will not decrease, even if there is a subsequent reduction in Volume fees.
- Payment by credit card. If you are paying by credit card, you authorize us to charge your credit card or bank account for all fees payable during the Subscription Term. You further authorize us to use a third party to process payments, and consent to the disclosure of your payment information to such third party.
- Payment against invoice. If you are paying by invoice, we will invoice you no more than forty-five (45) days before the beginning of the Subscription Term and each subsequent Billing Period, and other times during the Subscription Term when fees are payable. All amounts invoiced are due and payable within thirty (30) days from the date of the invoice, unless otherwise specified in the Order Form.
- Payment Information. You will keep your contact information, billing information and credit card information (where applicable) up to date. Changes may be made on your Billing Page within your Selma account. All payment obligations are non-cancelable, and all amounts paid are non-refundable, except as specifically provided for in this Agreement. All fees are due and payable in advance throughout the Subscription Term. If you are a Selma Agency Partner that purchases on behalf of a client, you agree to be responsible for the Order Form and to guarantee payment of all fees.
- Sales Tax. All fees are exclusive of any VAT and you represent that you are registered for VAT purposes in your member state. At our request, you will provide us with the VAT registration number under which you are registered in your member state. If you do not provide us with a VAT registration number prior to your transaction being processed, we will not issue refunds or credits for any VAT that was charged. If you are subject to GST, all fees are exclusive of GST. If you are required to deduct or withhold any tax, you must pay the amount deducted or withheld as required by law and pay us an additional amount so that we receive payment in full as if there were no deduction or withholding.
6. Use and Limitations of Use
- Prohibited and Unauthorized Use. You will not (i) use or launch any automated system, including, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional browser; (ii) use the Subscription Service in any manner that damages, disables, overburdens, or impairs any of our websites or interferes with any other party's use of the Subscription Service; (iii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Subscription Service; (iv) access the Subscription Service other than through our interface; or (v) use the Subscription Service for any purpose or in any manner that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement.
- No Sensitive Information. YOU AGREE NOT TO USE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO COLLECT, MANAGE OR PROCESS SENSITIVE INFORMATION. WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO COLLECT OR MANAGE SENSITIVE INFORMATION.
- Third-Party Sites and Products. Third-Party Sites and Products are not under our control. Third-Party Sites and Products are provided to you only as a convenience, and the availability of any Third-Party Site or Product does not mean we endorse, support or warrant the Third-Party Site or Product.
7. Subscription Term, Termination, Suspension
- Term and Renewal. Your initial subscription period will be specified in your Order, and, unless otherwise specified in your Order, your subscription will automatically renew for the shorter of the subscription period, or one year.
The renewal pricing set forth in your Order will apply, subject to adjustment as specified in the ‘Fees and Payments’ section above.
- No Early Termination; No Refunds. The Subscription Term will end on the expiration date and the subscription cannot be cancelled early. We do not provide refunds if you decide to stop using the Selma subscription during your Subscription Term.
- Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement for cause, as to any or all Subscription Services: (i) upon thirty (30) days’ notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) immediately, if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, cessation of business, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors. We may also terminate this Agreement for cause on thirty (30) days’ notice if we determine that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, our prospects, or our customers. This Agreement may not otherwise be terminated prior to the end of the Subscription Term.
- Suspension for Prohibited Acts. We may suspend any User’s access to any or all Subscription Services without notice for: (i) use of the Subscription Service in a way that violates applicable local, state, federal, or foreign laws or regulations or the terms of this Agreement, (ii) use of the Selma email send service that results in excessive hard bounces, SPAM complaints via feedback loops, direct spam complaints (to our abuse desk), or requests for removal from a mailing list by recipients, or (iii) repeated instances of posting or uploading material that infringes or is alleged to infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of any person or entity
- Suspension for Non-Payment. We will provide you with notice of non-payment of any amount due. Unless the full amount has been paid, we may suspend your access to any or all of the Subscription Services ten (10) days after such notice. We will not suspend the Subscription Service while you are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute. If a Subscription Service is suspended for non-payment, we may charge a re-activation fee to reinstate the Subscription Service.
- Effect of Termination or Expiration. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, you will stop all use of the Subscription Service and Selma Content. We may or may not provide you the opportunity to retrieve Customer Data after termination or expiration, depending on the type of applicable subscription as specified in the ‘Retrieval of Customer Data’ section below. If you terminate this Agreement for cause, we will promptly refund any prepaid but unused fees covering use of the Subscription Service after termination. If we terminate this Agreement for cause, you will promptly pay all unpaid fees due through the end of the Subscription Term. Fees are otherwise non-refundable.
- Retrieval of Customer Data. As long as you have paid all fees owed to us, if you make a written request within thirty (30) days after termination or expiration of your subscription, we will provide you with temporary access to the Subscription Service to retrieve, or we will provide you with copies of, all Customer Data then in our possession or control. If we provide you with temporary access to the account, we may charge a re-activation fee. We may withhold access to Customer Data until you pay any fees owed to us. Thirty (30) days after termination or expiration of your Subscription, we will have no obligation to maintain or provide you the Customer Data and may, unless legally prohibited, delete all Customer Data in our systems or otherwise in our control.
For our Limited Service and Free Subscriptions, we will not provide you with any access to Customer Data after termination or expiration of your subscription.
GENERAL LEGAL TERMS
1. Customer Data
- Aggregate Data. We may monitor use of the Subscription Service by all of our customers and use the information gathered in an aggregate and anonymous manner. You agree that we may use and publish such information, provided that such information does not incorporate any Customer Data and/or identify you. We may, however, use Customer Data as part of internal data processes. With these internal data processes, in no event will Customer Data be disclosed, included within or provided to other customers or third parties. For clarity any data provided to other customers or third parties will only be in an aggregated and anonymous manner.
- Safeguards. We will maintain commercially appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect Customer Data. You consent to the processing of Customer Data in the United States.
2. Selma’s Proprietary Rights.
This is an Agreement for access to and use of the Subscription Service, and you are not granted a license to any software by this Agreement. The Subscription Service and Consulting Services are protected by intellectual property laws, they belong to and are the property of us or our licensors (if any), and we retain all ownership rights to them. You agree not to copy, rent, lease, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Selma Content, the Subscription Service, or the Consulting Services in whole or in part, by any means, except as expressly authorized in writing by us. Our trademarks include, but aren’t limited to, those listed at http://legal.Selma.com/trademarks (which we may update at any time without notice to you) and you may not use any of these without our prior written permission.
3. Customer’s Proprietary Rights.
As between the parties, you own and retain all rights to the Customer Materials and Customer Data. This Agreement does not grant us any ownership rights to Customer Materials or Customer Data. You grant permission to us and our licensors to use the Customer Materials and Customer Data only as necessary to provide the Subscription Service and Consulting Services to you and as permitted by this Agreement. If you are using the Subscription Service or receiving Consulting Services on behalf of another party, then you represent and warrant that you have all sufficient and necessary rights and permissions to do so.
The Receiver will: (i) protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information using the same degree of care that it uses with its own confidential information of similar nature, but with no less than reasonable care, (ii) not use any Confidential Information for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, (iii) not disclose Confidential Information to any third party (except our third party service providers), and (iv) limit access to Confidential Information to its employees, contractors, advisors and agents. Upon notice to the Discloser, the Receiver may disclose Confidential Information if required to do so under any federal, state, or local law, statute, rule or regulation, subpoena or legal process.
You grant us the right to add your name and company logo to our customer list and website.
You will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, at your expense, against any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (each, an "Action") brought against us (and our officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, licensors, and affiliates) by a third party not affiliated with us to the extent that such Action is based upon or arises out of (a) unauthorized or illegal use of the Subscription Service by you, (b) your noncompliance with or breach of this Agreement, (c) your use of Third-Party Products, or (d) the unauthorized use of the Subscription Service by any other person using your User information. We will: notify you in writing within thirty (30) days of our becoming aware of any such claim; give you sole control of the defense or settlement of such a claim; and provide you (at your expense) with any and all information and assistance reasonably requested by you to handle the defense or settlement of the claim. You shall not accept any settlement that (i) imposes an obligation on us; (ii) requires us to make an admission; or (iii) imposes liability not covered by these indemnifications or places restrictions on us without our prior written consent.
7. Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability
- Disclaimer of Warranties. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND AGENTS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, SECURITY OR ACCURACY OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, DATA MADE AVAILABLE FROM THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, SELMA CONTENT, OR THE CONSULTING SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACES (APIs) MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, SELMA CONTENT AND CONSULTING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, WITH REGARD TO THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE AND THE CONSULTING SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- No Indirect Damages. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES; PROVIDED THAT, THIS LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOU IF YOU ONLY USE THE FREE SERVICES.
- Limitation of Liability. EXCEPT FOR YOUR LIABILITY FOR PAYMENT OF FEES, YOUR LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE ‘INDEMNIFICATION’ SECTION, AND YOUR LIABILITY FOR VIOLATION OF OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER PARTY IS DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF A PARTY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF FIVE THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS OR THE TOTAL AMOUNTS YOU HAVE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE IN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO A CLAIM; PROVIDED HOWEVER, THIS LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOU IF YOU ONLY USE THE FREE SERVICES, AND IN THIS CASE, IF WE ARE DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE FREE SERVICES, THEN OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
- Third Party Products. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS THAT YOU USE. OUR LICENSORS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- Agreement to Liability Limit. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO YOU.
- Amendment; No Waiver. We may update and change any part or all of these Customer Terms of Service, including the fees and charges associated with the use of the Subscription Service (but, your fees and charges won’t change during the Subscription Term except as we explain in the ‘Fees and Payments’ section above.) If we update or change these Customer Terms of Service, the updated Customer Terms of Service will be posted on https://selma.ai and we will let you know via email or in-app notification. The updated Customer Terms of Service will become effective and binding on the next business day after it is posted. When we change these Customer Terms of Service, the "Last Modified" date above will be updated to reflect the date of the most recent version.
If you do not agree with a modification to the Customer Terms of Service, you must notify us in writing within thirty (30) days after receiving notice of modification. If you give us this notice, your subscription will continue to be governed by the terms and conditions of the Customer Terms of Service prior to modification for the remainder of your current term. Upon renewal, the Customer Terms of Service published by us on our website will apply.
No delay in exercising any right or remedy or failure to object will be a waiver of such right or remedy or any other right or remedy. A waiver on one occasion will not be a waiver of any right or remedy on any future occasion.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by: an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; act of God; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused by the obligated party; government restrictions; or other event outside the reasonable control of the obligated party. Each party will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of a force majeure event.
- Actions Permitted. Except for actions for nonpayment or breach of a party’s proprietary rights, no action, regardless of form, arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be brought by either party more than one (1) year after the cause of action has accrued.
- Relationship of the Parties. You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between us.
- Severability. If any part of this Agreement or an Order Form is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in effect.
- Authority. Each party represents and warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and that it is binding upon such party and enforceable in accordance with its terms.
- Survival. The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement: 'Definitions’, ‘Fees and Payments’, 'Prohibited and Unauthorized Use', ‘No Early Termination; No Refunds’, ‘Termination for Cause’, ‘Suspension for Prohibited Acts’, ‘Suspension for Non-Payment’, ‘Suspension for Present Harm’, ‘Suspension and Termination of Free Services’, ‘Effect of Termination or Expiration’, ‘Retrieval of Customer Data’, ‘Selma’s Proprietary Rights’, ‘Customer’s Proprietary Rights’, 'Confidentiality’, ‘Publicity’, ‘Indemnification’, ‘Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability’, ‘Miscellaneous’ and ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’. Additionally, the ‘Alpha/Beta Services’ section of the Product Disclosures page shall survive expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- Precedence. In the event of a conflict between the terms of the Customer Terms of Service and an Order, the terms of the Order shall control, but only as to that Order.
- Non-hire. The Customer agrees that it shall not, during the term of this Agreement and for a period of one year after the expiration or termination of this Agreement, without SELMA’s prior written consent, directly or indirectly (including through its Affiliates or recruitment agencies), hire or otherwise engage, in whatever capacity (including as an employee or consultant), or solicit the services of, any personnel member of SELMA or its Affiliates, while such person is employed or engaged by SELMA or its Affiliates and during six months after such employment or engagement ends. For the purpose of this section, “hire” means to employ an individual as an employee or engage such individual as an independent contractor, whether on a full-time, part-time or temporary basis.
- Governing. This Agreement shall be exclusively governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Belgium, without having regard to the conflict of law principles thereof.
JURISDICTION SPECIFIC TERMS
To the extent that Selma processes any Personal Data as part of Customer Data that is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), on Customer’s behalf, in the provision of the services hereunder, the terms of the Selma Data Processing Agreement, shall apply.